Sorts of hosting services
A hosting solution refers to depositing and/or sharing certain content on a server handled by a hosting provider. There are various sorts of hosting services utilized for various goals, so let's have a look at these. In this way, you can choose what you need, based on whether you wish to create a web portal, email box accounts, or to share files with friends and partners.
- File hosting: a service made available by various firms, which enables you to share huge files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its single designation is to share files, since it does not support website uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey an index of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free file storage services often include ads next to the download links, while a timer compels you to await a certain period of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you possess a paid file storage package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no restriction as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
These days, with the help of the cPanel hosting vendors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a thoroughly imprecise explanation of the literal connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would allot the tasks at hand between autonomous stacks of web servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving miscellaneous website hosting services (electronic mail, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, site hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is merely a variety of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; given vendors offer a hosting solution for pictures exclusively. This hosting kind is suitable if you want to share a large amount of pictures with friends or associates since the solution is generally free of charge. You will obtain a randomly generated link for every image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for websites.
- Email hosting: a service devoted to handling your mail aliases. Some corporations offer website hosting solutions for sites, but do not supply an e-mail hosting solution. If you would like to get an email address with your domain name but do not desire to run a website, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you require. You can open e-mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a specific video clip, or you can embed the video file in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this method in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video clip brings about a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with several video files and several hundred web site viewers, you may have difficulty with your web space hosting reserves. Embedding the video will permit you to have as many videos as you wish without bothering about system reserves.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you require if you desire to have a site. To a certain extent, it consists of all of the aforementioned hosting groups since, along with your web pages, you can also host pictures and files, you can set up databases and email aliases, upload video clips, and so on. At Papua Web Hosting, for example, you can see web hosting and dedicated web server hosting solutions that enable you to have all of the aforesaid solutions in one location. There may be limitations based on the sort of hosting service that you've settled on - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your hosting plan may be better or worse compared to the usual e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are conceived for specific content solely.